Is your LED light strip dropping or slipping down constantly? Perhaps the manufacturer’s adhesive backing isn’t up to the task. In any case, adding double sided tape for LED lights strips is a simple way to ensure a long-lasting bond and peace of mind.
Yes! By using double sided tape for your LED strip lights, you can make them strong. In this article, we will share a list of the best double sided tape for LEd lights, along with some queries like “Can you use double sided tape for LED lights?”, “What is the strongest double-sided tape available?”, “Can you use scotch tape on LED lights?” e.t.c.
Before going to the list of best double-sided tape for LED strip lights, we will learn about the queries solutions! I hope you will enjoy this article. Keep scrolling!
Can you use double sided tape for LED lights?
Double-sided tape can be used on LED lights. However, the thermally conductive double-sided tape should be used because it can heat up. On LED lights, use 3M thermal double-sided adhesive.
- The use of thermally conductive double-sided adhesive in LED fluorescent lamps (long strip lamps) like T8 and T5 lamps:
The heat conduction double-sided adhesive is attached between the LED fluorescent lamp’s PCB board and the heat dissipation aluminum, and it can be pressed with little force. The heat conduction effect is more potent than in other heat conduction materials. At the same time, instead of using screws or circlips, it is simple and easy to use and operate, which contributes to increased production efficiency.
- Use of double-sided thermal adhesive in spotlights:
Place the heat-conducting double-sided sticker between the spotlight PCB board and the heat sink, then press firmly to secure the heat sink to the PCB board.
Here are a few more things to think about…
- The temperature. Get a tape that can stand up to temperatures.
- Tape size A thick tape is better for LED strips.
- Check if the tape can stick with the type of surface you have.
How do you make sure the LED doesn’t fall off?
- To start, make sure the surface is clean and dry. Then, put down the adhesive and stick the LED to it.
- Try to make the tape stronger by adding another layer of tape every two inches, if possible.
- Put the LED near a window or in a place that isn’t too hot. You won’t get too much heat this way, and the strip lights won’t wear out quickly.
What is the strongest double sided tape available?
There are many different kinds of tape on the market today. Many of them is only meant to hold simple household items or make work in an office setting a little bit easier.
For example, professional painter’s tape or reflective tape used on commercial vehicles are some of the types of tapes used.
In any case, it’s not every day that you come across a tape that’s designed to meet the industry’s most difficult challenges.
The 3M VHB industrial tape is a tape or adhesive to change the game. To do that, you’ll need to buy 3M VHB double sided tape from a store.
It is one of the strongest tapes ever made. It can handle any job you throw at it, and it always comes out on top. You can buy this tape from here!
Can you use scotch tape on LED lights?
Scotch tape can be used to hold the led strip light in place temporarily. This is because scotch tapes do not have a strong enough adhesion to support the led.
Furthermore, the scotch tape will not withstand even the slightest heat produced by the led light.
How do you make double-sided tape stick better?
Always rub it with alcohol to ensure it is clean. You can get the necessary alcohol for this application at any hardware store or even a pharmacy (alcohol used for treating wounds). After cleaning the surface, the tape will adhere adequately for a more extended period.
Waiting until the alcohol has vaporized is a wise decision. The surface will then be ideal for taping. All other debris, dust, oil, or anything else should be removed.
Best double sided tape for LED strip lights
Now we will share with you the best five double sided tapes for your led strip lights. Here the list is…
HitLights Heavy Duty Double Sided Tape
Hit Lights has specialized in LED services since its inception in 2010 as part of the Louisiana State University Business Incubator Program. Its high-density foam seal tape mounts easily for a long-lasting, weather-resistant bond.
Its increased density and strength allow it to adhere to most surfaces and hold up to 3lbs per square inch. It’s the ultimate installation solution for exterior displays and other do-it-yourself projects that require extreme adhesion.
- Simple peeling, no gluing, heating, screwing, or wall damage.
- Strong double-sided mounting tape with a length of 33 feet, a width of 0.39 inches, and a thickness of 0.03 inches.
- Acrylic foam tape with a high bond is suitable for most surfaces, including outdoor or damp installation.
- This foam tape is simple to apply; peel it off and stick it to the object’s surface.
- Foam tape can be cut to length to fit your needs.
3M Double Sided Mounting Tape
It performs admirably and as intended. On the other hand, the cover membrane is tough to remove. It would be best if you unpeeled it before sticking it to the desired surface, or else it will detach accidentally.
I used this tape to hang my soundproof wall panels, and it works perfectly! Because the tape is so strong, I don’t even need a long strip! The only two issues I’ve discovered are that removing the tape from the bottom red part is highly tedious and annoying.
I’m used to having long nails and opening anything, but not these!!! Another issue I discovered was when I attempted to move one of my panels while using the same piece of tape. A few of the pieces remained sticky, but I had so much tape left that I only needed to cut a new piece.
- It’s perfect for securing large and heavy tools, a greenhouse tarp, teaching materials, posters, and picture frames.
- It provides a tape fastener’s simplicity and ease of use and is ideal for a wide range of indoor and outdoor bonding applications.
- The adhesive tape is durable acrylic adhesive with viscoelastic properties, making it suitable for most surfaces, including installation outdoors or in the bathroom.
- LED strip mounting, moldings, door edge, bodyside moldings, stainless steel, ABS and PVC rocker panels, wheel lip, nameplate, and decoration bar for automobiles are ideal applications.
- This foam tape is simple to apply; peel it off and stick it to the object’s surface.
Acrylic Adhesive Double Sided Foam Tape
It was perfect for my LCD lights on the wall. I had previously purchased LCD lights with adhesive on one side, but they would not stick to my wall and kept falling, so I bought this to stick them back on. It was simple to use and apply to the back of the lights and the wall. Thus far, it has remained firmly in place, and the lights have not gone out.
- This mounting tape is suitable for use on any clean surface, including wood, metal, concrete, bricks, and plastic.
- Best for projects where standard fasteners will not work, and a clear finish is required.
- It is a weather-resistant double-sided mounting tape that secures and rigidly holds items indoors and outdoors.
- Adhesive performs well in high and low-temperature conditions, with long-term temperature resistance.
- This virtually invisible and removable clear mounting tape has a high initial bonding strength and can permanently bond to most surfaces without leaving any messy residues.
Heavy Duty Mounting Adhesive Tape
It’s straightforward to use and has worked for nearly everything. The only thing it might not work for was a towel rack whose screws were falling out of the wall. So it won’t work for anything heavier duty, like mounting hardware, but it works for everything else!
- 3M heavy-duty double sided tape of the highest quality.
- The 3M VHB Acrylic foam tape is suitable for most surfaces, including outdoor or damp installation.
- Almost all LED strip lights are compatible with this product.
- The mounting tape is difficult to remove.
- These adhesive foam tapes are viscoelastic, giving the foam energy-absorbing and stress-relieving properties.
3M Scotch 5952 VHB Tape
3M VHB Tape offers the convenience and simplicity of a tape fastener and is suitable for a wide range of interior and exterior bonding applications. In many cases, they can be used instead of rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives, and other permanent fasteners. It is recommended that 4 square inches of 5952 VHB tape be used for every 1 pound of load; however, rough surfaces may necessitate additional tape.
The acrylic foam used to make these VHB tapes is viscoelastic. This gives the foam energy-absorbing and stress-relieving properties, giving these tapes their distinct characteristics. The acrylic chemistry provides excellent durability performance, and the tapes have excellent solvent and moisture resistance.It made in the United States.
- 3M 5952 Heavy Duty Mounting VHB Tape is a black, double-coated VHB adhesive tape with a foam core.
- In many cases, 3M double-sided tape (automotive and heavy-duty applications) can replace liquid adhesives, rivets, spot welds, and other permanent fasteners.
- Rough surfaces may necessitate the use of additional tape.